Want to join this opportunity ?
That's great but you need to REGISTER or LOGIN to join in the fun.
Volunteer Arts and Crafts Buddy
‘Hi! I am supported by Dimensions and I am looking for a volunteer who would be happy to come to my home once a week to have a cup of tea and enjoy doing some arts and crafts with me. I really enjoy having other people’s company and would love to spend some time with someone who shares the same interest in art as me.’
Do you have an interest in arts and crafts? Do you like enjoy creating things? Well, this volunteering opportunity is the perfect way to enjoy sharing your passion with somebody we support.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative volunteer buddy to engage someone in Cardiff in the enjoyment of creating things like collages, cards, pictures, colouring in, making things and more!
Activities will include:
• Assisting in planning specific activities with a person we support
• Offering support with the arts and crafts activities
• Having a chat!
• Volunteering in a group setting
Activities will NOT include:
• Personal care
• Financial Assistance
We would ask the volunteer to commit to attending their role on a regular basis – this could be once a week, every other week, once a month etc. Stability and routine are vital in supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism. Exact days and times will be agreed with the person we support after a successful meet and greet.
A DBS check and two character references will be required for this role.
• Free certificated training (with access to 800 plus courses)
• Membership of an online shopping discount scheme
• Comprehensive support from professional, friendly and trained Dimensions staff
• A personal induction to volunteering and your role
• Agreed travel expenses reimbursed
• An opportunity to gain real experience in the social care sector
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to share your passion and skills in all things arts and crafts!
• Friendly, polite and a good listener
• Comfortable chatting with people with learning disabilities and autism
arts and crafts,befriending,buddy,creative,learning disabilities
You must be over 18 years old
Applicants will be shortlisted Accessible Expenses Paid
Open from Wednesday 1st May 2019 to Thursday 30th April 2020
Closing on Monday 8th July 2019 in 76 days.